Saturday, November 3, 2007

Salt and Peanut Butter Sandwiches

"Don't eat so much salt la....Stop... STOP... I SAID STOP AH!!!!!!" Eugene thinks if I keep up with my current level of salt intake, our children will be motherless even before they learn to talk.



Just the other day I polished off almost an entire pack of 斌斌米果 in one sitting as it's so wonderfully salty. I chucked a packet to Aunty Kiat who was at the same time startled to see so many wrappers while emptying my dustbin, and 2 packs to Anne who selflessly volunteered to share the sodium.

When other girls declare "I have a sweet tooth" people would think awwwwww she's so cute... so girl girl....awwww. You don't hear people telling them that if they don't burn the sugar they're gonna look like Queen Latifah in 2 months. But when I tell people about my passion for salt they'd lecture me about my blood pressure and kidneys and how they'd never donate one to me if I ever needed them to. Really makes you think about the kind of friends you make eh -scowl-


But now, I'm going to make a life-changing decision.

-drumroll-

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I AM GOING TO REDUCE MY SALT INTAKE


Why? Cos last night during staff dinner, I mistakingly poured like half a bottle (??!!) of soy sauce instead of vinegar into my shark's fin soup (don't start with the stop eating sharks thingy, I need the mercury)

And to my horror it tasted absolutely fine. And the 9 other people at my table liked their serving just as it was served. Shiling, who refused me her kidney when we were in Hong Kong, watched me swallow the whole bowl, and probably resolved that very moment she'd rather throw her organ on the floor and step on it than to let me have it.

So I need your help. You can put me in a straitjacket so that I cannot zhng my food with salt or soy sauce.


Or remove the sodium when you see it on the table. Or share my potato chips/chicken in a biscuit/curry twisties. Or pledge your kidneys to me so that I live to see my kids get married and have their own kids. That's what friends are for, right? RIGHT????

Speaking of friends I have to tell you about my dear Anne who saved me from


THE BUTTER GAU PEANUT BUTTER BOH SANDWICH

"有福同享有难同当... I take half of your sandwich and you take half of mine", she said.


(notice her sandwich with a nice thick layer of chunky spread whereas mine has a thick layer of butter and less peanut butter)









What a pal!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.