Thursday, October 11, 2007

Attempting to Feed the Hungry Pitcher


Tick ... CROSS CROSS .. tick.. CROSS CROSS CROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


I'm a marking machine these days - Chemistry and music (yes we have music exam too. Fun to set the paper but not fun to mark) Helped Fan mark her lower sec science too. These students are hilarious -


Answers from our 14 year olds

1. The process describing a sperm fusing with an egg (i.e. fertilization)
Student's answer: sexual intercourse


2. Name the type of cells which you see in the diagram (sperm and a fertilized egg)
Student's answer: bacteria and amoeba


3. Chemical process taking place when heating calcium carbonate (i.e. thermal decomposition)
Student's answer: heat decay (ok this is a rather smart answer, I must admit, but too bad, still wrong! WRONG! WWWWRRRRONG!)

............................................................................................


Eugene said he'll meet me after his training at 10.45 pm to have his dinner. Usually when this happens we'll end up in Dunman Food Centre or Kallang 24 hr Mc Donalds/KFC. But 2 nights ago I offered to cook for him. And so this post is about





The Iron Chef attempting to feed the Hungry Pitcher



(and I tell you, when I was searching online for a chef hat picture, this scary photo popped up and scared the daylights out of me)



~Shudder~

2210
I had 35 minutes to whip up something decent. No problemo. Gathered all the ingredients in 5 minutes. He hates celery but that's the only veggie I have in the fridge. Too bad ha! (Harwin, it is confirmed that you can't feed ayam brand chilli tuna to cats as it swells their upper larynxes)





2215
Noodles in hot water chucked in microwave. Celery diced. Canned tuna lid pulled back. No sweat.


2220
Noodles out of oven, drained and tossed in cold water (like pro) while celery sat in hot water.




2225
Egg on teflon pan. Celery drained. Blotted fried egg with kitchen towel.


2225-2240
OMG Just look at this!!! Look like hospital food la!


(started to panic) I need garnishing! I need colour!






If only I had some red chillie and a Ginsu knife. Can make a star or a sotong thingy like in the photo. Quite pro hor. If he didn't like his dinner I might also use the knife to slice him up thinly heh

I don't believe this! We have two freakin refrigerators and all I could find were two sad looking tomatoes way past their prime. My brother saw my butt sticking out from the fridge and cracked up.

"Siao ah! So long zhong for wat?! Wah.. but your egg fry until quite nice la"

2245
Eugene stepped into the kitchen during my weak attempt to colour the dish. He startled me and in my haste I even spilt some of the curry powder on the counter la .. :( super no skill.. haiz



2250
With an icepack perched on his shoulder (top left corner), the hungry pitcher devoured his noodles, including every single cube of celery.



-burp-


He was happy.. So was I :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling...the dinner was wonderful...thank u so much...its warm not only to eat food made by u...but have u beside me...

Today is Thurs...i came home...food is on the stove...the difference is that you're not beside me...=(

Wishing u were somewhere here again...wishing u were somewhere near...with u beside...is a blessing i like...wish it could happen all the time...

Oh yes...and the food my Iron Chef whipped up was great...absolutely yummy...=D

the speed of time said...

wa... a bit cold leh... heehee... :p

next time cook something different for u k... tuna mayo?

Anonymous said...

why cold? howcome cold? issit ur aircon? do u need a nice warm hug thru e night?? =D

the speed of time said...

bleah... :p