Monday, October 15, 2007

Xiao Long Cu Bao


YAY! We're going somewhere in December!!!


Was half afraid that I'll end up wasting the holidays because of his matches, but today we booked a 4D3N holiday in Bintan's Nirwana Garden for $301 per pax. Had to pay $50 bucks more for the sea view as rooms with a garden view are fully booked. Don't really care for the view; they can paint a window on the wall for all I care and I'd still be happy that I won't be stuck here during term break. Anne and Tricia both enjoyed the place with Kelvin and Renjie :D



Not bad eh :) compare this with Tioman's Tropical Coral Inn which we stayed for an agonizing 3 days






I was actually afraid that Eugene would collapse the bowl cos when you sit on it, it shifts 0_0

Anywhere would be better than Tioman, anywhere!

.........................................................................................


Sua ku us went to Ding Tai Feng for the first time.



Me (not looking like myself)




Eugene tucking in






Us

Look at how Eugene fills his small dragon soup bun (xiao3 long2 tang1 bao1) with a lot of vinegar. They should have a xiao3 long2 cu4 (vinegar) bao1 in the menu for him la. If you can't tell what he's saying the monologue is below.



-confused- ".. Why don't you eat..?"


-exasperated and does some funny la1 mian4 action- "... I can't eat with a camera in my face!"



He didnt know he was on video la hahahaha the silly guy :D


Then greedy me wanted to try the grilled bacon-wrapped enoki mushrooms on skewers from this shop beside Peninsular Plaza.




Looks nice hor. I still remember those I had by the roadside in Hong Kong... heavenly!
What we had looked like what you see in the photo, except that the bacon consists of 90% fat and 10% meat. PUI! Poor Eugene looked like he was going to puke after eating just one piece :(

Rushed to Mos Burger and downed 1 large iced milk tea to dilute the fat. The yellow lighting was good so being vain pots we took some pictures :D



He looks great in this one :D



His eyebags are bigger than his eyes la. So cute :D


And now I'm home writing this and having my 2nd cup of chamomile hoping it will remove the fat.. yeah who am I kidding... :(

UGH! No more fat for me for the next 2 weeks else become pui pui like eugene.. ><

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HMPH!!! pui pui like me hor...=(

den show the world my la main skills somemore...did u see? it was so fast the noodles got cooked at the same time and ended up in our bowls...fierce fierce hor...heh...

HMPH!!! take video dun tell me hor...u gd...HMPH!!!

the speed of time said...

hahaahahahahahah! ok so now u're the iron chef la... Bleah

Anonymous said...

No no...i dun dare be iron chef...that's you...and only you...yummy food my darling iron chef cooks...yum yum...hee...holidays...lalala...holidays...lalala...hee...

the speed of time said...

getting cold again... ~~~~ brrrrr

Anonymous said...

wan my warm hug again rite? why dun u juz tell me...always hint hint say cold...tsk tsk...heh...